Performance Marketing Specialist
Work Location: Turkey
Job Type: Full time
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
- To grow a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants
A virtuous cycle of growth for everyone connected to our business
- CONSUMER: we will craft winning brands that become the universal beverage of choice: serving only the tastiest products that enrich physical, emotional and social wellbeing
- CLIMATE: we will lead the way and create a net positive, giving back to the planet much more than we take.
- COMMUNITY: we will enrich lives by delivering more value per cup and share that value amongst growers, blenders and farming communities.
- EMPLOYEES: we will nurture the growth of every employee, maximising learning and impact of every individual
- SHAREHOLDERS: we will lead value creation with sustainable high performance, delivered with transparency and consistency
Pure Play Performance Marketing Specialist
This role is an integral part of the future success of our Pure Play business Globally. It is responsible for driving accelerated growth within key markets on Pure Play platforms, primarily Amazon focussed, but not exclusively so.
This is a hands on role, requiring someone with commercial acumen, a keen eye for numbers and a real interest in driving performance on a consistent basis through a trading mentality.
An understanding and passion for optimisation whilst driving volume is essential. This role is more than allocating media spend to a channel – its making the media spend work as hard as it possibly can.
The role also involved driving an organic optimisation program, so a good understanding of what factors influence and drive organic rankings within Pure Play environments would be useful.
Your Key Tasks:
- Managing and optimizing media spend on Pure Play platforms within key markets.
- Drive performance via day to day trading activity, utilising ( but not restricted to ) AMS and 3rd party optimisation software. Have a good understanding of the dynamic between driving volume whilst managing ROAS
- Implementing best practice campaign strategy and structure to Pure Play marketing accounts.
- Identify emerging trends that represent commercial opportunities for us and react accordingly.
- Manage a budget within profitability guardrails.
- Working with the Digital Hub to ensure we have the best creative formats in play to drive the best engagement and conversion on platform.
- Work with the wider portfolio team to advise and Input on the evolution of our ecommerce offering.
- Forecast effectively for both financial and inventory performance within the calendar year.
- Communicate learnings to the wider trading team and help drive performance across all markets through collaboration .
- Be accountable for a revenue and budget number within a geographic market
- Manage a living and breathing testing calendar and report on findings as appropriate to internal stakeholders
Scope and key interfaces for this role:
Scope: Driving and being accountable for the performance of brands within key markets across Pure Play platforms.
- Internal: Performance Marketing, eCommerce, Digital Hub
- External: Amazon, Agencies
Required Knowledge and Experiences:
- Solid understanding of process optimization and how eCommerce works. Knowledge of various forecasting tools and reporting platforms.
- Deep familiarity with AMS, DSP and optimisation software ( Sellics / Pacvue / Kenshoo ).
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Working experience of growing a business/portfolio In terms of performance on a Pure Play platform.
- Capacity for problem conceptualization and solution design through analytical thinking
- Strong background in statistical analysis
- Optimisation of media spend
- Superior ability to build and deliver impactful presentations at senior levels
- Attention to detail
- High tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing environment
- You’ll embrace an outcome-oriented culture, where strategy & tactics are alive and help our brands thrive.