Cooking - Structural Design Engineer
Haier Group listed in the Fortune Global 500 as one of the world's top 5 home appliances. It can count on highly successful brands such as Candy, Hoover, Haier, Rosières, GE Appliances and Fisher & Paykel respectively aiming to become the consumers’ top of mind in their own market segments and geographies. Since founded, Haier Smart Home has grown by meeting customer needs through its strategic commitment to innovation, branding, R&D, and intelligent manufacture, as well as domestic and international expansion, becoming the world’s largest manufacturers of home appliance goods.
For the company, which was founded in 1984 and became one of the world's Giants in 35 years, of course, working with engineers who are open to self-development and have high leadership potential is one of the most critical points.
Therefore, Haier Group considers Structural Design Engineers - Cooking to join them- in Eskisehir
- Bachelor's degree in the related field,
- Minimum 6 years of experience in research and development department in production companies,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in an international team
- Fluency in both written & spoken English,
- Excellent command of MS Office applications,
- Experience in using CAD tools (Preferably Creo),
- Knowledge in material and design principals of sheet metal and plastic components and painting, enamelling
- Awareness of emerging trends and developments in relevant technologies,
- Know-how about manufacturing technologies,
- Thinking broadly about business,
- Good project management skills to deliver projects on time and at good quality,
- Ability to develop specifications, models and related tests for a product or engineering component,
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills,
- Residing or willing to reside in Eskişehir.
- Taking part in R&D projects both locally and globally,
- Following up innovations and improvements in industry and making required analysis to support R&D activities,
- Will be responsible for the development of new products and modifications of existing ones,
- Conduct the lab and technical testing, performance and application of products,
- Organizing prototype preparation,
- Validating design with CAE (CFD and/or FEM) with assembly checks on prototypes and testing them according to the project requirements.
- Performs all required testing to guarantee of a marketable final product,
- Develop new test and analyze techniques,
- Ensure to resolve all identified problems,
- Improve the quality and reduce the cost in existing designs,
- Creating determination of technical specifications such as piece measurement and geometric tolerance,
- Perform as proactive liaison with other organizational departments.
- Working on electronic component performance testing of white/household appliances,
- Involved in process of building models and prototypes; preparation of calculations, specifications, and other technical documentation so that prototype designs can be manufactured and assembled,
- Calculate/assess risk factors of a project. Anticipate potential problems and demonstrate sophisticated reasoning skills as well as creative, innovative and resourceful approaches to developing solutions to complex problems,
- Develop and present various standard and ad hoc reports related to R & D projects.
- Research and development from conceptual product design to final implementation
- Supporting and optimizing user manual, label and BOM and other related part activities to ensure efficiency gains.
- Supporting and coordinating cost reduction activities of R&D department.
- Preparation of project requirements of new products based on standards and certification requirements, benchmark, patent research, Design FMEA and past experience of the company