Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager
Work Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Job Type: Fulltime
Travel required: Travel is now limited due to COVID19 restrictions
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
• Ensure early Procurement & Supplier involvement in Tea category, innovation and supply chain projects in Turkey– acts as core and extended team member in Brand/ R&D/ Category Supply Chain team-works and leadership meetings to ensure On Time In Full (OTIF) delivery.
• Lead operational excellence in Tea sourcing and transition through Puccini Project
• Provide Procurement input (material and supply strategies) for decisions into the category leadership teams.
• Support blend on quality, cost, and service on time
• Support the business on pricing insights and competitor insights
• Drive efficiency in Tea buying in Turkey
• Forecast Key Market prices and trends.
• Support on strategic stocking decisions.
• Delivery as per OP including forecasting of blend prices
• Procurement KPI’s such as Material Cost % TO, Savings, NMI
• Supply Chain KPI’s of OTIF, blend quality as per standard, Days on Hand
• Coordination between local business and global procurement teams
• To link with the Global Tea network in providing all demand requirements for raw tea in the region working with the APS and SAP Supply systems.
• Lead saving projects status and reporting for Tea category
• Identify in year and longer-term material saving opportunities and delivery.
• Understand the Category Strategy and bring relevant part into Procurement Strategies
• Collaborate with Procurement Portfolios to integrate our procurement strategies into the business plans
• Support sustainability programs and certification process
• Develop supply market, sustainability and RSP (Responsible Sourcing Policy)
• Forecast Tea prices on weekly and monthly basis.
• Support buying efficiency both for green leaf tea and black tea
• Entering contracting process
• Spot buying of Tea
• Meeting OTIF targets for shipped teas to Turkey
• Delivering on procurement KPIs in cost, quality, and service
• Providing competition insights
• Providing crop estimates accurately
Your Key Tasks:
• Tea buying teams of other regions
• Tea Blending teams
• Tea Planning Team
• Procurement Leadership Team
• Inbound Logistics
• Procurement Finance Teams
• SC Finance Teams
• Category Finance Teams
IT, LEGAL, R&D, MARKETING
• 3rd Party Service Providers
• Rainforest Alliance, certification bodies
• Trade Bodies
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
• University degree (preferably in business or agriculture)
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, SAP knowledge
• Can develop himself/herself as a lead taster in their space/team.
• Procurement skills including financial acumen
• Language requirement: English
• Preferably Operational in Tea Tasting
• Can assess and evaluate tea samples at differing brew strengths eg consumer strength, technical strength
Skills and Experience
• Results-oriented, proactive thinker with a focus on continuous improvement and customer service
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with external and internal parties and the ability to function effectively as part of a team to gain cooperation of individuals across the organization
• Ability to work in a challenging business environment, to demonstrate flexibility by managing numerous priorities concurrently and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• Independent self-starter, ability to discover opportunities and grow the business
The qualities we look for in you
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.