Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution are our DIGITAL HUBS – where our marketers come to work with a range of specialists to deliver data-driven marketing at scale.
Data Driven Marketing at Unilever does not mean creating niche, highly-targeted activities. Rather, it is the delivery of mass personalised communications, using multiple messages to increase relevance and impact amongst various sub-segments. It is founded on each market having a clear data strategy, with each brand having a clear audience segmentation strategy, and these being used to inform the creation of programmatic media campaigns with highly relevant and effective creative assets. Activities will be key drivers of data acquisition and eCommerce growth, while also re-invigorating brands’ equity. Over time this will lead to an increased emphasis on performance marketing and may -in some cases – lead to one-to-one marketing.
DIGITAL HUBS bring together a range of internal and external specialists, covering People Data Centre (PDC), People Relationship Marketing and data analytics, media planning and programmatic buying, e-Commerce, social media and social listening, Community management, as well as asset creation via our own U-Studio as well as ad agencies and other content partners. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
Digital Marketing and Commerce are a clear growth driver for Unilever and the Consumer Packed Industry (CPG) is facing an enormous digital growth opportunity therefore there is a shift for ecommerce and related new business models to develop rapidly. That is why, we are looking for a Data Governance lead who is passionate about privacy and have a strong background in digital marketing. You will assist Data Driven Marketing activities across the entire market and be responsible for targeting the right consumer at the right time with the right message across our web and media assets while taking care of their privacy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are the champion when it comes data governance related questions within the data driven marketing field. Together with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) you establish a clear view on how privacy is applied and secured throughout our consumer journeys by building bridges between our Legal, IT, Marketing, and the Insight Hub team. You act as a business partner to the Marketing and Sales departments, ensuring that those departments can optimally collect and use rich data for marketing and sales purposes in a compliant manner. Furthermore, the Data Governance Lead monitors for example data quality, retention, minimization, and third-party contracts, to assure compliance with our internal standards and applicable legislation.
• Are responsible for establishing a world-class data governance eco-stem founded on principles of consumer trust, transparency, and compliance with the law.
• Work with legal and privacy teams to understand local regulation and guiding brands on the key use of data and guidelines.
• Are a key member of the Digital Hub, working to drive the local data strategy
In your day-to-day work this means you work with a diverse set of global teams to create repeatable processes and tools which can be leveraged by markets. You act as the champion for driving global capabilities and tools and as a business partner for the local marketing and sales functions in all data initiatives that involve personal data. You analyze and evaluate (new) data activities to optimize data use from a privacy perspective and adapt global data governance standards to meet local market requirements/ applicable Turkish legislation (such as the KVKK and the E-com Law). You have a clear view of data ownership in the market, support the introduction of new processes, ways of working, and technologies and monitor/advises on data quality, data retention and data minimization and evaluates periodically if those principles are being applied correctly. You monitor compliancy on data contracts by third parties and provide guidance and training to improve capabilities for collecting and using both B2B as D2C data, and together with the DPO, on key privacy and data governance issues impacting marketing and sales. As Data Governance lead you conduct data governance maturity assessments regularly, drive your market to meet or maintain a higher level of maturity and produces reports for global/local leaders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• You are an excellent communicator with senior stakeholders, peers, and reports (conversational and presentational)
• You have a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in online marketing, data management and associated technologies
• Good understanding of data protection legislation such as the GDPR, KVKK and the E-commerce law
• Transformer with a build-measure-learn mindset who has the energy to take the organization with him/her on all levels.
Therefore, a strong candidate has a combination of the below traits:
• Undergraduate/ Master’s Degree
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate through a virtual organization.
• Transformer with a build-measure-learn mindset who has the energy to take the organization with him/her on all levels
• Working knowledge of data security and its application within a marketing business
• Working experience in digital marketing and sales functions
• Understanding of personal data and its use in data driven marketing, and the technologies which underpin it.
• Understanding of the end-to-end Consumer Data Lifecycle: data collection, profiling, cloud storage, CRM platforms, and architecture.
• Technical understanding of digital platforms (i.e. web, social, mobile)
• Fluent in Turkish and English, both verbally and in writing
If you're looking for a great team and a challenging, innovative, fun, and energetic work environment, you are at the right place. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength, and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
We aim to provide people the world over with products that are good for them and good for others. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact.
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.