Work Location: Turkey
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
What are the main responsibilities within this role?
• Act as the go-to-person for tax affairs in the assigned region.
• Assist with and implement-lead the new tax management processes for Tea.co from Day 1
• Reviewing and updating processes where necessary
• Become part of a new and rapidly developing environment that will be the Tea Group
• Liaison to the finance teams, the Interim Managed Service provider in the Tax Reporting process (calculation of current and deferred tax, reconciliations, ETR forecasts).
• Coordinate among local finance teams and the external service provider in the Tax Compliance process (mostly external with Interim Managed Service provider (IMS) initially then with long term service provider)
• Liaison for the assigned region to the Direct Tax & Transfer Pricing manager and to the IMS in the creation of the transfer pricing documentation ("local file")
• Supportive to tax audits for all types of taxes:
• Processing of tax enquiries ie partnering the business on ad hoc projects for the assigned region
• Liaison to the IMS provider in all of the above areas
What are the key tasks that must be facilitated within this role?
• Assisting to implement, test and review brand new tax processes from Day 1
• Managing the relationship with the IMS provider for the assigned region
• Assist with data and information provision to the IMS provider to enable the IMS provider to carry out their compliance tasks
• Review the outputs provided by the IMS provider
• Cooperation with the finance department management on local and cross-border tax projects, including M&A
• Ongoing continuation and development of the internal tax risk compliance and management system
• Onboarding the long term service provider
Scope/interfaces/relevant stakeholders for this role?
• Reporting directly into the Head of Tax and covering European region and Turkey.
Flexibility for this Role (Working Model, Mobility):
• Full time role with the flexibility to work from home
Educational Background/Work History:
• Degree level education in any discipline
• Certified Tax Advisor in region with at least 3 years of professional experience in tax compliance/consulting, preferably in big-four companies
Professional Knowledge/Skill Requirements:
• Practical experience and interest in tax compliance, tax reporting, tax risk management
• Experience in international tax law and transfer pricing useful
• Affinity to tax and digitalization as well as willingness to constantly change working methods and structures
• Good MS Office knowledge
Candidate Psychographics/Behavioral Competences (Soft skills):
• Fluent in English
• High communication and teamwork skills
• Willingness to perform and customer orientation
• Self-employed working method coupled with rapid understanding, analytical and conceptual skills, flexibility, resilience and solution-oriented action
The qualities we look for in you
- The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
- We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.