TeaCo Local Finance Controller - Turkey
Job Title: Finance Controller, Tea Business
Work Location: Turkey
Job Type: Fulltime and open towards flexible solutions
Travel required 10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
• A great opportunity becomes available within Teaco, the controller plays a pivotal part in the Teaco local market organization as the guardian of the companies “protect value criteria”
• This role has many touch points with expertise teams, 3rd party service providers and Teaco market business leaders.
• Accounting & Process excellence, Deployment of Global Expertise, Proactive Risk management & Controls are the key areas of responsibility residing with the controller
Your Key Tasks:
• Accounting & Process excellence
o Own accounting quality, timely and accurate reporting
o Drive end-to-end financial process excellence in partnership with ETS and 3rd party service providers to deliver competitive advantage from speed, reliability, and cost perspective.
• Deployment of Global Expertise
o Protect and liberate value through effective local execution of Tax, Treasury
o Manage relevant third-party relationships as agreed with Global Expertise
• Proactive Risk Management & Controls
o Lead proactive, dynamic risk management and operational controls
o Drive efficiency in compliance and control activities in partnership with ETS
o Accountable for financial controls within direct area of responsibility
• Transformational projects
o Local leadership, delivery, and change management for the Controlling & Expertise roadmap
o Local leadership for all financial process improvements
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
• Reports into Teaco country finance manager
• TeaCo operating centre (OC)
• TeaCo tax & treasury teams
• TeaCo financial leadership
• Task horizon of >3 years
Skills and Experience
• Experience in areas of financial accounting, controlling and risk management within role(s) within consumer goods or services
• Experience in PCOB standards, SOX legislation and IFRS standards
• Experience working with large complex data from multiple sources
• Experience managing a large and complex set of local, regional and global stakeholders
• Experience in (virtually) leading a diverse team of professionals in multiple countries
• Experience in presenting to and communicating with senior Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
• Relevant finance degree or accounting qualification
• Fluent in English & Turkish both in reading & writing or willingness to learn quickly
Who we are looking for
• Strong technical individuals with accounting background
• End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details
• Able to communicate effectively also remotely and team player