Full/part time: Full-time
Reports to: D&A Market Lead
Start Date: ASAP
UL is driving digital transformation deliver 4G growth. Our mission is to transform our organization to a digital first culture, delivered by a world-class data and insights team, leaping ahead of our competition in everything we do.
UL’s D&A Market teams will lead the path for UL to become data-intelligent. The team will do this by delivering advanced products at scale, enabling UL functions, UniOps and leadership teams to turn data into insights, actions and decisions at a faster pace than ever before to achieve competitive edge for UL.
Each Market team consisting of technical (data engineering and science) expertise as well as functional business insight generation expertise (e.g. Finance, CMI, CD) will work with other Market teams and the D&A Global team to ensure that insights discovered locally are joined up and enhanced with regional/globally-discovered or researched insights to enable joined-up recommendations and decisions aimed at driving incremental growth by meeting the needs of our consumers, customers and employees.
With the ULE looking to D&A Market teams to power the exponential growth of UL in an in increasingly VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) context, it is imperative that D&A Market teams are organised to be highly adaptive and flexible to demand, fast-changing priorities and emergent opportunities. To do this, it will be important for the D&A Market team to have an agile mindset, org structure and ways of working (beyond agile tools and techniques) – i.e. able to embrace uncertainty, ambiguity, and to create structure out of chaos.
There are five major themes in the Data and Analytics global strategy that will relate to the work of D&A Market teams:
Deliver Intelligent systems at scale. Powering Business (cross functional) and Customer Development area through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future looking decisions leveraging Big Data & Data Science.
Winning disproportionately. Creating analytics products that make a significant impact on our business and drive competitive advantage in the market, while collaborating appropriately with other markets and Global teams (i.e. winning both locally and globally for UL).
Drive Unilever to assisted and predictive decision-making. The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (AI/Cognitive Computing/Machine Learning) unlocking the insights from vast deluge of consumer, customer & internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams.
Make data a true asset. Better data and data science access for every part of Unilever, across the 3 data framework (Connectivity, Growth, Continuous Improvement) and leading through the Enterprise Data Executive.
World-class Information. One Version of the Facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on Big Bets, Strategic Initiatives and Leadership team reporting
This team is responsible for managing the market’s demand for data, analytics and insights. It will lead data analytics, data warehousing, research development and implementation of appropriate data systems and analytic solutions. It is also responsible for streamlining in-scope processes related to data analytics and insights generation in the market, through automating, consolidating and eliminating them where appropriate to deliver a seamless, fast insights-generation experience using tooling provided by the Global D&A team.
We are looking for a Process Engineer who enjoys optimising business and operational systems and processes.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
This role involves business process engineering – applying automation, consolidation, improvements, simplification. It will play a critical part in spotting opportunities for efficiencies, effectiveness and applying innovative solutions, including automation. The role works closely with the Global D&A organisation and the D&A Market team to enable the business to make strategic cross-functional decisions using data-derived insight more quickly.
Understands and assesses business processes.
Identifies issues with processes relating to performance, quality, time and outcome.
Re-engineers the processes to resolve issues aligned to market priorities.
Identifies data, technology, tooling, and capability gaps to run re-engineered processes.
Partners with Market and Global D&A colleagues to develop and implement products.
Where a solution does not currently exist, lead on generating solution specifications.
Understand and deliver automation solutions.
Be responsible for process improvements, simplification and standardisation of information.
Support teams to simplify and reengineer processes.
Redesign processes with LEAN, Design Thinking components.
Participate in engaging and expanding Automation for Data, Information, Reporting and Analytics.
Delivering automation solutions using Next Gen toolkits.
Review and ensure that the standard operating procedures (SOP) and flow charts are followed
Adhere to global governance/policies on Automation processes in Data, Reporting and Analytics
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
• 3+ years of experience in FMCG/Manufacturing Unit/KPO/IT Industry
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Key understanding and working experience in next gen analytical and automation toolkits
• Working knowledge of Process Automation and AI tools
• Basic understanding of Business KPIs and their calculations
• Organised, strong time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet established deadlines
• Team-player who is a proactive self-starter, with the ability to work independently
• Strong ethical standards regarding the handling of confidential business information
• Ability to work quickly and accurately, especially under pressure; and within a cross-culture, virtual team, and global environment
• Basic SQL, experience of software development, IT project management
• Experience/exposure to Information Management tools like SAP BW, ECC, Hyperion
• Understanding of business processes and metrics for Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing.
• Understanding of business processes relating to reporting and transaction along with Functional business Concepts like Finance and Supply Chain KPIs
• Prior experience in handling a project on optimization and simplification and smaller teams.
• Understanding of Advanced Machine Learning tools like Python, R, PySpark, Data Bricks, Power Automation, Power Apps, MS Flow
• Market LT
• Market D&A Team
• NAMETRUB D&A Team
• Global D&A Team
• Unilever Business leaders and subject matter experts
• Global business topic Subject Matter Experts
• D&A Market Teams across UL