Shadow to Partners
Odgers Berndtson is a leading partner to organisations helping them to secure and develop world-class leaders of the future and create robust and diverse leadership teams and boards. Through our international network of search executives, we advise clients on the creation of leadership teams with the skills to grow their organisations, and the passion to deliver their objectives.
The aim of our organisation is to act as trusted advisors to clients, to engage the very best talent for the most influential roles in their business, across a wide variety of industries. The service we deliver is creative, insightful and completely client service led; we are not so big or corporate that we have lost the personal touch.
This challenging opportunity presents unique personal and professional development possibilities for candidates aspiring to learn and grow in our dynamic environment delivering best in-class services as Strategic Talent Management, Executive Search and Leadership Advisory including Executive Assessment.
We are looking for bright, flexible, hardworking and dedicated team players who will enjoy being part of a talented team assuming strategic responsibility, creating significant influence and business impact.
What we offer
- Work directly with the Partners / Leadership Team.
- Experience first-hand what it takes and what it’s like to have leadership responsibilities.
- What you will do will potentially have massive impact.
- Work on challenging problems, and learn a ton. You'll be exposed to a variety of challenging problems on a number of topics. This will lead to an accelerated learning experience the likes of which you’re unlikely to encounter anywhere else.
While experience is appreciated, it’s by no means a prerequisite to be considered for this job
Some examples of your responsibilities are:
- You'll be thrown into deep water and handle new tasks in new territories on daily basis and you'll get to use your full capacity and develop rapidly in a role that you influence the contents of.
- Prioritizing the most sensitive matters including: calendar management, scheduling meetings and appointments,
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records
- Collaboration with other team members, provide general operational support as needed
- Take ownership of some important tasks, freeing up the Partners & Leadership Team you’re shadowing to enable them to focus on other strategic matters.
- Perform research and business analysis to support any project, or to help diagnose urgent problems.
- Coordinate and support special projects as needed, including training programs, internal knowledge sharing enabling collaboration
- Attend meetings when and if necessary, take notes and mark actionables, ensuring that key takeaways and workflows are properly tracked and followed up.
- Create trust and respect - and influence people.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Student or Having a degree in Social Sciences, Business or Engineering from a reputable university
- Ideally experience in a commercial or client-driven role with CRM / database / knowledge management systems and / or social media
- Combination of a service-oriented approach with a professional commercial attitude and outstanding analytical skills
- At ease with a direct approach to high-level professionals
- Fluent in oral and written English and Turkish
- Good judgement and ability to work resourcefully
- Strong analytical skills together with a sincere interest in creating impact on global business and people issues with an emotionally intelligent approach
- Strong project management skills and agility to learn
- Odgers Berndtson is one of the world’s largest Global Executive Search firms. Our reputation for excellence and integrity has been established over 50 years and we are a company driven by our clients, not outside shareholders.
- At Odgers Berndtson, we are proud of a modern, diverse, meritocratic and collaborative environment where you will find support, training and career development with colleagues striving for excellence in all they do.
- We operate with more than 70 offices worldwide.. For full details of our organisation please visit www.odgersberndtson.com
- Odgers Berndtson is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
- As an equal opportunities employer, Odgers Berndtson is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination of any kind. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our business, and we will support any requirements for reasonable adjustments.
- We take Charity seriously – but like to have fun too. Our CSR team are always thinking up new events and activities to get involved in and raise funds for our chosen charity.
- We are passionate about giving back and in fact won AESC's Commitment to the Community Award 2018 in recognition of excellence in executive search and our commitment to community and charitable causes.
- If you have any comments and/or suggestions about improving access to our application processes, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com