PLANT BREEDER, PEPPER & EGGPLANT TURKEY
- We are looking for a MSc or Ph.D in Plant Breeding with 5 years of demonstrated working experience preferably with Pepper or Eggplant or other important Vegetable Crops to lead our Pepper and Eggplant Breeding programs.
- Location: Antalya, Turkey
- Lead, execute and optimize the Pepper/Eggplant breeding programs for the Turkish, Middle East, the Balkans, and Central Asia markets by using the appropriate methodologies and support breeding technologies to help the company to achieve its results.
- Propose, implement, and assess breeding strategies according to available resources and budget.
- Participate and contribute to research project teams when relevant for the breeding goals or target markets.
- Set up Pepper/Eggplant trials in our breeding stations and with key growers, working jointly with Sales & Development personnel in different countries.
- Work from Antalya station in close collaboration with the commercial teams to promote varieties and organize successful market introductions.
- Identify promising results from different fields of research and integrate them in the breeding programs.
- Translate market requirements and future needs along with Marketing and Sales into breeding goals to generate successful new products.
- Long-term commitment with a rapidly growing international company with several subsidiaries, one located in Antalya, a leading Vegetable production area.
- High prospects for promotion in an active expanding company based on talent.
- Remuneration package will be fixed depending on experience and skills provided by candidates. (A company car is included)
Education and Experience Required:
- MSc or Ph.D. in Plant Breeding or relevant fields
- At least five years of working experience in commercial plant breeding.
- Demonstrated experience in Vegetable Crops Breeding.
- Strong background in plant breeding, genetics, field plot technique, pathology and molecular marker application to plant breeding.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- English as a working language. (Written and verbal is required). Turkish language fluent or commitment to learn.
- Demonstrated experience in Pepper or Eggplant Breeding Programs will be a plus.
Skills and Competences Required:
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency and collaboration with others.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and achieve milestones.
- Ability to work with different team-based environments with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Willingness to change permanent residence to Turkey, in Antalya.
- Willingness to travel frequently both domestic and international.